Today’s Top Ten over at the Broke & Bookish blog are: the top 10 fictional characters you would have a crush on if you were also a fictional character. This one should be fairly interesting, since I have difficulty remembering a lot of characters in books that I read. 😉 I’m not sure if I’ll be able to come up with ten since I don’t remember many of the characters that I’ve read about in books… my memory is so bad. But I’ll do my best!!
(All links lead to Goodreads.)
1) Aragorn from The Return of the King. He’s such a strong character, loyal to Frodo and destined to be a king, yet humble in his own right. Plus, it helps that Viggo Mortensen is a hunk in that movie. I know, I know, I shouldn’t base this on film adaptations, but wow, he was eye candy… 😉
2) Augustus from The Fault in our Stars. Well, if I were a younger fictional character, since he was 17 – if I’m remembering correctly. He was a brilliant person, yet one that was easy to relate to, and I think that were I Hazel Grace, I would have fallen in love with him as well, even if I knew the “ending of the book” ahead of time.
3) Sirius Black from Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban. He was mysterious, wise, and a very strong character in terms of how Rowling wrote about him, in my opinion. And of course… once again… movie adaptation… they did pick a good actor. 😉
4) Dawsey Adams from The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society. (This is one that I am still reading, but he’s SUCH an adorable character.) While he seems a little on the rural side – definitely not a match for Juliet (protagonist) in terms of London socialite behavior – he is still a very likable character, and one who is prone to helping friends in need. I consider that to be a mark of a true friend, as long as it is not done begrudgingly – and I don’t believe that Dawsey has a grudging bone in his entire body.
5) Maxim de Winter from Rebecca. So mysterious, tall, dark, and handsome. The mysterious bit alone is enough to get me to like him and want to get to know him more. I suppose that’s what got to Rebecca as well. I would have wanted to win him over and figure out what his secrets were… and although they are revealed by the end of the book, I think that it would be such an adventure to be able to live that story. Scary, yes. But Maxim de Winter is… well, a hunk. At least, in my mind. (The only film adaptation that I saw was made long ago, and I don’t particularly remember Maxim’s character from it.)
6) Mr Darcy from Pride & Prejudice. How could I have forgotten him?! Once again, the mysterious side that he has… and the frustration that Lizzie encounters… the entire love story is adorable and… well, yes, film adaptation. Colin Firth is also eye candy. (I think I’m on a roll with these film adaptations. Sorry, everyone… ;))
I think that’s about all that I can come up with right now… but I did give it my best shot!!
Soon, I will try to come up with some more book recommendations since my top ten last Tuesday definitely did not cover the all of the ones that I loved!!